Sing A Song and Learn!!!

      Music is a special and wonderful blessing in our lives! I always used to have the radio, or record player or tape recorder playing songs as I was growing up. I don't do that so much anymore, BUT I still love music. That being said, though, I have given music a lot of thought and have discovered that songs can fill me with joy, enthusiasm, love, peace, sadness, sorrow, pain, or loneliness. And I have also discovered how much I can learn from them, especially as I focus on the words and apply them to my personal life. And having done this so many times with so many songs now, that I truly appreciate even more what I am learning from them. Also just having listened to General Conference as well as seeing the state of so many people around us I want to share the words to a song that really and truly brings to light what is within us and I want to challenge you, as you read the words, or sing them, (if you know the song) to consider the impact of the words in your own life. And I hope as we each do so, we can apply them more regularly and consistently each day of our lives.

     "Let us oft speak kind words to each other At home or where'er we may be; Like the warblings of birds on the heather, The tones will be welcome and free. They'll gladden the heart that's repining, Give courage and hope from above, And where the dark clouds hide the shining, Let in the bright sunlight of love. Like the sunbeams of morn on the mountains, The soul they awake to good cheer; Like the murmur of cool, pleasant fountains, They fall in sweet cadences near. Let's oft, then, in kindly toned voices, Our mutual friendship renew, Till heart meets with heart and rejoices In friendship that ever is true. Oh, the kind words we give shall in memory live And sunshine forever impart. Let us oft speak kind words to each other; Kind words are sweet tones of the heart."

Comments

Popular Posts